OPPI Healthcare Communications Award
OPPI Healthcare Communications Award
- An OPPI member company
- Only one entry per member company
- All submissions must comply with Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940; Drugs and Cosmetics Rules 1945; Drugs and Magic Remedies Act 1954
- Entry must have aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between July 2019 and June 2020 or
- If you are entering a campaign that has run over two or more years, you will need to provide proof of the campaign&aphos;s evolution from year to year (OPPI will have the right to decide if the entry has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry)
- If you are entering a "Campaign of Executions" (e.g. for Print & publishing, outdoor, film, film craft, industry craft, and radio & audio entries) the whole campaign must fall within the eligibility period and
- If you are showcasing a continuation of a campaign that aired before the eligibility period then you must clearly show how the campaign has progressed year (OPPI will have the right to decide if the entry has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry)
- All work entered has been created specifically to shape understanding of medical conditions, drive their treatment and/or advocate for the development or provision of those treatments.
- Work created to drive choice for a specific branded product, service or therapy intended for management of a disease or medical condition
- Work targeted direct to consumer/patient/healthcare professional and created to launch and/or promote a regulated product or service through traditional media channels
- Disease Awareness & Understanding
- Healthcare Professional Engagement
- Patient Engagement
The OPPI healthcare Communications Award recognizes creative communications from our members operating in this highly-regulated industry. It's targeted at practitioners, patients and consumers i.e., work that brings science and innovation to life, facilitating diagnosis, prescription, disease mitigation or illness management.
Work created to raise awareness and understanding of a disease or medical condition, change perceptions or overcome social stigma. Approaches may include, but are not limited to: redefining the way we think about disease and its treatment through the reframing of science; providing education on the signs and symptoms of various diseases, disorders and conditions; and encouraging responsible, proactive action and initiative. To include branded and unbranded communications.
Work created with the intent of driving healthcare advancement, supporting management of a disease or medical condition, motivating treatment, supporting adherence, or aiding patient independence. Communications aimed at healthcare professionals, influencers, researchers and key opinion leaders to establish and continue scientific education, drive industry advancement and adopt technologies and programs associated to the development and distribution of research and treatment options. Approaches may include, but are not limited to, communication tools and devices to assist healthcare professionals with patient adherence, monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting. It would be expected that entries here would convey a brand ethos as well as result in better patient outcomes.
Work created with the intent of driving healthcare advancement, supporting management of a disease or medical condition, motivating treatment, supporting adherence, or aiding patient independence. Communications aimed at patients intended to support adherence; drive proper, responsible usage of treatment; improve patient experience; and drive better outcomes while building a positive reputation for a client and/or brand. Approaches may include, but are not limited to, the use of data analytics and connective technology to enhance the patient journey, compliance programs, screening services, psychosocial support services.
Work created for products and solutions for animals requiring veterinary diagnosis, prescription and treatment.
- Brand Experience & Activation- Physical, interactive and immersive events and experiences intended to prompt participant action, emotional engagement and response toward a brand, product or service. Entries may include promotional stunts and live advertising; interactive displays and kiosks; exhibitions, conference/ symposium and trade shows; corporate entertainment.
- Branded Content & Entertainment to include digital media (games, mobile apps), Film, TV and online film content.
- Digital including Social networks and platforms result in a successful commercial effect. Campaigns that use social networking sites, blogs, wikis, video-sharing sites, hosted services, etc.
- PR- Creative work which successfully builds trust and cultivates relationships with credible third-parties, utilizing mainly earned media tactics or channels to influence public dialogue and ultimately change perceptions and behaviors in ways that protect and enhance the reputation and business of an organization or brand with its target audiences.
- Radio & Audio- Content intended for radio, streaming audio content and downloadable audio content. Entries will be judged on the overall creative approach to transforming a brand idea or message into an audio context, which enhances the experience of the listener and meets the confines of the brief and regional regulations. All aspects of script and audio will be considered.
Managing Director, SPAG - Strategic Partners Group
The Promise Foundation; Curator - PRAXIS; Knowledge Factory
Founding Partner, First Partners
Pharma and Healthcare Content Specialist and Commentator
Strategic Communications Consultant